What is ISO 29990:2010?
ISO 29990:2010 is recognized as the international standard in learning services for non-formal education and training. It specifies the basic requirements for the service provider and in addition to this, it enhances transparency which allows comparison on a worldwide basis of learning services. Moreover, by international consensus, it offers a single alternative backed by the huge variety of national service and management standards that now exists in the field of non-formal learning.
ISO 29990 sets out the criteria for a Quality Management System standard for providers of education and training services. ISO 29990 provides a unified standard for learning service providers, including corporations, vocational institutions, and life-long learning centers, around the globe. It promotes the design of suitable services & evaluation of learning results.
The aim of ISO 29990 is to provide a generic model for quality professional practice and performance for learning service providers (LSPs) in the development and delivery of education, and training.
ISO 29990 is basically subdivided into two areas: learning services (for example, these services include designing, providing, and monitoring learning services) and management at the learning service provider for example business planning, financial management, risk management as well as human resources management. This Standard is the first Standard for learning providers that is valid and applied on an international scale. The advantages for learning providers are transparency of their own services, international comparability, and defined processes for quality assurance. The industrialist certificate is an objective demonstration of conformity, creating confidence for learners and other interested parties in the ability of the organization to achieve quality throughout the learning process.
Benefits of ISO 29990:2010
- It gives an outstanding performance at the time of tendering work from
- It has worldwide marketability.
- Internal quality potential enhancement.
- Defined transparently as well as documented processes.
- The marvelous and enthusiastic participation of trained experts in the
- Work on PDCA Cycle.
- Adequate resources, including trainers with suitable competence,
infrastructure, and learning environment.
- Evaluating criteria for Education.
- Advanced & Authentic processes.
- Transparency/comparability of services.
- Assuring quality, transparency, and comparability in educational
Steps for Implementation of ISO 29990
- Determining learning needs
- Design of the learning services
- Provision of learning services
- Monitoring the delivery of the learning services
- Evaluation carried out by learning service providers
- Management of the learning service provider – General
- Strategy and business management
- Management review
- Preventive actions and corrective actions
- Financial management and risk management
- Human resources management
- Communication management (internal/external)
- Allocation of resources
- Internal audits
- Feedback from interested parties